Monday 17 August 2015

IHMN Gothic Steampunk Doorways

After I had produced the first gothic steampunk doorway last week I knew that the next stage was to go into a short run production to create the 15 or so doors I needed.

So rather than making one every now and then I started to make all 15 at once. It can make it much easier to get into the swing of the whole process and you get a more consistent end result, so its worth doing. The down side is that it can get a bit tedious, although 15 of anything isn't too bad.




Dry brushed silver.



Green wash added.




You may have noticed the small details added to the basic frame. Well I did something I don't often do, Ebay had some "steampunk" watch parts for sale, £3.75 brilliant value. So I added them just before I coated them with varnish/stain.


Covered in stain.





Will take some shots with the cottages when the other parts are completed.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Ta Gordon, I think the watch parts really help, very cheap and plenty left for anything else I might build.

      Delete
  2. Cool! The extra watch-parts really makes the doors that much more interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep they really work well, will use them to create other bits of scenery to complete the gothic steampunk look.

    ReplyDelete