Saturday 29 August 2015

IHMN: Drawings (In response to Gordon)

Gordon, this is the sort of thing I have in mind to fill the open ground areas between the buildings and machines I have been making for In Her Majesty's Name. 

Sorry the scanner was not keen on scanning from my sketch book, hence the blurred left hand side,  to be honest they're not the bits that interested me anyway. I think I will be looking at making 4 square areas initially and 1 round section with notches cut into it to accommodate the square ones.


Most of this will be card over hardboard with watch parts added for extra detail. Next month will see these done, I hope.

5 comments:

  1. So these sections will be like courtyards between the buildings? Love the flooring designs...they tie in really well together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep that's the idea, perhaps stick a statue, machine or well in the middle of one to break it up :-)

      Delete
  2. Some really cool ideas in there!
    For the small cobblestones, take some 3mm foamcore and remove the paper on one side. Then you take an old paintbrush , remove the hairs, squeeze the ferrule into shape and start pressing a stone pattern into the foam.
    Easy as pie ;-)
    I used that technique here http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd513/stroezie/CROMM/IMG_20131217_202742_zpsd2554cb9.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers for that Stroezie, I will study yor post and have a go, thanks very much :-)

      Delete