Tuesday 21 July 2015

Storage Case

Well I got thoroughly caught up in my project to create a storage container. After a Sunday spent fiddling with file boxes and a larger cardboard box I've come up with this so far. There is still a long way to go, but I feel I have solved many of the problems I could see when I started.

I used another thicker box that I had saved in my garage to be used as a packing box, we intend moving soon, and cut it into sections to give strength and design to the original box.

Then I had problem of how to carry the thing about; how to make a handle. Serefina suggested a rope handle. I looked up some knots on the net and came up with what I have here.

After sorting out these basic problems I started to see how I could have a bit more fun with the box and so added cereal packet to create areas of detail. Some simple areas of geometric shapes up the sides and D rune to the front and an H rune on the back.

I like the whole box more and more, its beginning to make me think of the Ark of the Covenant or some magical treasure.


I can get 5 file boxes into the larger storage box, that would be a very large army.


Believe it or not this is the 2000 pt army I used last time all in one box file!
The dividers may well be re-made with thicker card.



LOTR D rune.



With a beastman to give the idea of scale.


Next I have to work on the edges of the rough cut card with PVAcrete and then add sand to the flat areas to give it some texture and add strength.

Then finally I'll paint the whole box inside and out in black then give it a typical grey stone look. I fancy the idea of adding some blue around the geometric shapes, they make me think of stained glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment