Wednesday 8 July 2015

ClashOTF: 10 mm Building Drawings/Ideas

I have been thinking about the buildings I have made for Clash on the Fringe and how I might develop them further. Came up with a few drawings and I like to share my insanity as much as I can so here's what I came up with.


Since drawing these I realised that if I created a building that was essentially 4 base units I could place others on top and give the project more height. Also makes me wonder if some of these could be used as bunkers in Five Parsecs. I'm not sure I want to get two different terrain sizes all mixed up- or do I? The ClashOTF game with the monsters on Sarin worked OK the other day.


I have built three more basic units adding to this set. After the two larger buildings I intend to make, I think, perhaps some special features like generators and landing pads.


4 comments:

  1. Love the concept drawings, tower and quad looks like they could be interesting additions!
    I think you should definitely go for the quad-sized building, a bit of height is seldom a bad thing to have on the table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Alexander, my thoughts exactly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, some vertical spacing can do wonders to open up the game and give you some entirely new tactical situations.

    I wouldn't be worry too too much about the scales. Terrain can be surprisingly flexible :-) (says the man who've used the old card buildings from the 2nd edition Space Marine box for 15mm games)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree really, well the last Clash game I played was on the boards I created to be used as 28 mm star ship floor plans and they looked OK, so I shall continue to experiment :-)

      Delete