Saturday 18 July 2015

Bespoke Storage and Carry Case

A quick post detailing the start of my attempt to create my own bespoke storage system. I am so fed up with all the different ways I have of keeping my models secure. But transporting them is the one that really gets up my nose for some reason.

The army that has suffered the most is the Beastmen, last time I played with them several were broken, either because they lived in a series of inappropriate boxes or because they were damaged en-route.

So I have looked on line a bit, looked at what I already have and come up with a possible solution.
Basically I had a load of file boxes I used at work, which I had bought myself. So they will be the basic storage, which I will section up inside for different units/use. Then I have a larger packing box that 5 file boxes will fit in.

My aim is to fit everything and create a handle, decorate and make as strong as I possibly can, so that this box can become my permanent carry box. Here's what I have so far:




Could be a while before this is complete so don't hold your breath :-)

2 comments:

  1. Very interested in how this turns out.

    I ended up going to stores where you can buy craft supply boxes, for beads and the like. If you poke about, they have some good variety but it works better for smaller figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some of those but they have ended up as bits boxes some how.
      All stored away I have a load of Warmaster 10 mm models, will drag them out and show you what I did with them. I'll be approaching the ClashOTF miniatures I've made in pretty much same manner, its the huge quantity of 30 mm stuff I have that really bakes my noodle, to quote a certain oracle :-)

      Delete