Monday 6 April 2015

Skaven Plague Monks

Here are my Plague Monks for the Skaven deck I'm putting together. Sadly, they are made from the same Skaven models from the 80's, so the poses are a little repetitive, but I make no apologies, I'm not inclined to buy the actual models and enjoy the challenge of making the whole range from a limited basic resource.

For these Monks I added hoods and cloaks from green stuff and extra hand weapons from card. I often use card for bladed weapons and it has worked well enough in the past. They can sometimes get knocked off in transit, but there you go.

I would also like to point out that I do not consider myself to be competent sculptor, these are for me to play with, not to be put in a glass cabinet and gazed at. After this they will go in a box till we play with them. :-)












2 comments:

  1. Great job. You really have the knack for recycling old models into something new. I like them a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jason, I do enjoy recycling old stuff :-) , although they don't always work.

      Delete